View Single Post
Old 27th August 2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenchwarfare
Picked these up at the show, this weekend. All were taken off KIA Taliban, in Afghanistan. To my untrained eye, none of these are modern toutista junque. Some, look to be genuine antiques. That's where you guys come in. A few exhibit repairs, or replaced grips. The three ivory hilt pesh kabz, may have replaced scabbards? I don't collect these, but with an instant collection like this, I might. The two large ivory daggers are beautiful, but I think I like the plain horn handled one, best. It looks very old, and business-like. I'm not gonna tell what I paid. Don't want anyone to hate me. At least till after I get some information.

Salaams trenchwarfare They look ok... no attempt to play about with the weapons by the look of it... Sometimes the scabbards are newer as you say or occasionally the blades have been reworked with decoration but I dont think that has been done here... all look real enough. The souks are not exactly awash with gear in places like Kabul (Chicken Street)but theres plenty of it. Getting the stuff out is a real pain unless it is fetched out by troops working there which avoids the completely crazy customs proceedure at the civilian airports! Frankly the story about being taken off the insurgents is dodgey as how can that be proved..? and since souks set up officially in the bases periodically and the stuff is quite inexpensive...its normal to see a lot of stuff getting onto the open market now ~ as you see.
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote