View Single Post
Old 28th August 2016, 11:54 PM   #10
Silver Shield

Red face type of Cannon

I think everybody here has added something here . I myself didn't remember the definition of a " Carronade " , that being a Royal Navy Cast Iron Cannon type that was made by Carron Ironworks in Falkirk Scotland , 1770s to 1850s . And certainly other cannons such as this one had the same basic low velocity large bore for length equation that had the same close range effect . After looking at samples .. and I'm pretty dense, for anyone can spew out Wikipedia data .Yes as has been said most likely a swivel gun. I never thought they came so short , but I saw one example half as long as this one . I just thought it was kinda fishy that the bore obviously had a soft metal like lead hammered down on it , you can see very clearly the surface separation, hammer marks and a edge that has been leftover and into the bore itself . You might contact IMAs they have sold similar Cannon, and I'm sure they could verify if it came from them. I know that some at Least Some Asian countries even used these type for Land and fortification use . Not all Asian cannon are crude .. but is way out of the area of my knowledge base , heck of a intruder defense system.
Silver Shield is offline   Reply With Quote