View Single Post
Old 1st March 2005, 10:02 PM   #79
Ann Feuerbach

I do not have the ingot...they are in Germany, I think. I was just wondering if they had any natural polarity or magnetic properties. My friend is willing to test them. As I have mentioned before, I have not done any research on this so my knowledge of magnets etc is very limited (for the moment at least). Depending where they were made, the ingots can range from light bulb shaped, to cone shaped, to elongated, to egg like, to puck shaped. Depends on the crucibles interior shape.
Technically my Doctorate is in Archaeometallurgy (the study of ancient metals, yes...obscure). PhD was titled: Crucible Steel in Central Asia: Production, use and origins. So I have been working on the topic for a while, but there is still so much to learn! But I really am more of an Archaeological Scientist, as I also do conservation, glass, glazes, and ceramics...but all this inorganic stuff is the same to me. I don't do bones, so can't help with that knee . I wish I had the money of a medical doctor! I got the same student loan debts as one!
Ann Feuerbach is offline   Reply With Quote