View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:01 PM   #26
migueldiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
Hello Miguel,

Thanks, I'll gladly let you know when I make it to Manila (didn't realized you being from the Philippines) - always nice to meet up with forumites! I'm afraid having to admit that I prefer food which can be tackled with chop sticks rather than swords though...
Kai (et al.), yes just let me know when you'll be in town.

To make it more equitable, all those forumites who commented on this post of mine when they get to Manila will get a full course dinner ... while those who didn't comment will still be welcome ... but they will just get a mug of beer or any drink of their choice

If your prefer to go "arnis" (chopsticks) instead of swords, there's a lot of good Chinese and Japanese restaurants here also

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
I still think that it's most likely the middle section (grip) which got replaced or pimped up. As Bill mentioned, done fairly nicely for this type but it does look later than blade and pommel; the "brass looking thingy"/"ferrule" is certainly "over the edge" and not needed IMHO.
Ok, thanks for the additional comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
Just heat the blade with a candle (or other weak flame) for a while; make sure you don't cut yourself! If the blade got also attached by the modern glue, it will be very difficult to remove it though. Regards, Kai
Copy ... and I think I should definitely do this one of these days.

Thanks again for the comments!!
migueldiaz is offline   Reply With Quote