View Single Post
Old 13th July 2006, 01:36 AM   #23
Mudi

This discussion is not make me angry. I wish my English was better. This is good for practice and talk about keris. Thank you for patience and understanding.

Pak Nechesh I did not mean to say you would stop to feed your keris. I only meant to say that if you start you should continue. I am sorry for not understanding.

Last night I spend time to research more this animism as religion and as part of other religion. I ask a good friend who is Catholic about this and he suggest to look at exorcism. So I found some interest things that sound much like some parts of animism to me. What are thoughts of others? This I found in the Catholic Encyclopedia

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05709a.htm

Exorcism is the act of driving out, or warding off, demons, or evil spirits, from persons, places, or things, which are believed to be possessed or infested by them, or are liable to become victims or instruments of their malice.

According to Catholic belief demons or fallen angels retain their natural power, as intelligent beings, of acting on the material universe, and using material objects and directing material forces for their own wicked ends.

This is what Pak Maisey say about animism

Animism may be briefly defined as:-

A belief that individual spirits inhabit objects , that spirits are separable from physical bodies, and that a spiritual force permeates the universe.

To me this animism belief and Catholic belief sound the same. What is wrong with my understanding?

I have not time yet to read Pak Maisey current writing. Please give me time as this post I do when not on line.
Mudi is offline   Reply With Quote