View Single Post
Old 20th June 2015, 10:26 PM   #6
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickystl
Hi Stu.
Definately Afghan. In this case, the loose metal spout is an advantage so we can see the internal workings of the flask. Yes, I see how this works. Turn the flask upside down, pull open the slide, push the slide closed, and you have a specific amoung of powder without have to use a seperate charger. The hole in the block would have been drilled out just enough to accomodate a specific amount of powder. Very simple and neat.
Most of the slides on these flasks I've seen are metal. The slide on mine is a flat piece of wood it's entire length, it appears.
Very neat to see the internals of this flask. Thanks Stu. How do you think you'll approach the repair?
Rick
Hi Rick,

Here are pics of two other Afghani flasks which have featured previously on the Forum. They have different powder cut offs to mine.

Also here is a pic of the repaired spout on mine......can't muck around with repairs!! The torn leather at the back is rock hard so have (for now) left it as is, in case it breaks off. Will attempt to soften it later on.

Stu
Attached Images

kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote