View Single Post
Old 21st November 2014, 12:55 PM   #73
Kinikini

Default Interesting Totokia

Hi Vanado, thank's for your reply, I must point out that the Musket balls have not been hammered into the shaft.....The deep crack in the shaft is the result of the musket balls hitting it at such a high velocity that they have "Mushroomed" at the moment of impact. One of the musket balls is loose and it's possible to see the way the ball has deformed as it's penetrated the shaft. The hole it's created is not man made or natural and you can see the way that the wood has "bent" in with the force of the impact rather than flush and drilled like I guess it would have been in order to intentionally "inlay" the shaft.
It's a shame that your not here to handle and inspect the club in person as I think you would agree that this club has been in a battle where the air must have been full of the sound of gunfire, with bullets flying everywhere.
Another interesting feature of the club is that in the area that it would have been gripped it's as though it has been "sprayed" with something that's stained it darker while it was being held/gripped and this has left a lighter area where the hand was gripping it. Maybe it's me reading too much into this but I still believe that the stains are caused by blood. I will post some more pic's of my clubs soon. Good Luck and Good Hunting Kinikini
Attached Images

Kinikini is offline   Reply With Quote