View Single Post
Old 18th October 2008, 06:34 AM   #6
BBJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by eftihis
Dear friends,

The law in Greece for edged weapons is that they are permited, as long as they are antique and not new. (must be made before 1922)
The same rule exist when importing them from outside EU. The problem is that you have to prove to the customs people the age of an item, and this takes a lot of time and effort.
So for me the way ffor any items i bought from the States was passing through England. A good friend there was receiving my swords (there was no problem to import a sword in UK) and latter he was sending to Greece, or i would go in London once a year and pick them up. (Greece and UK are in EU, so no customs in between)
But now, with the new "ban of new sword" law in the UK, any sword stops at UK customs, who they also ask for a proof of age to let the swords in.
This again takes time and effort, and my friend that was receiving them u to now as a favor to me, is not willing to do that any more!
Is there anybody in another civilised European country that would be willing to help me by occasionaly receiving a sword from the US?
Thanks!
Just curious ---are you allowed to own firearms in Greece? Maybe a hammer?

Cheers
bbjw
BBJW is offline   Reply With Quote