View Single Post
Old 29th August 2022, 03:45 PM   #20
David
Keris forum moderator

Saying a work “resembles” the work if Empu Djeno is not the same as having provenance that the work actual is Djeno. I agree with Anthony that the only way to establish this as a Djeno Keris with any validity would be to have it assessed by his son. That would be necessary i suppose if you ever wanted to achieve top dollar with a resale of this keris. But it is obviously a nice keris so that would be of less concern for me personally since i have never really approached my collection as an investment or accumulation of wealth. My main concern with this blade would be removing the rust. LOL! ;-)
Yes Gustav, I am sure anything is possible in terms of where a keris can end up, though we don’t really have anymore than the possibility of a single generation’s passing to content with here. I am not sure how Sid acquired this keris, but it seems it did not come to him as a known Djeno piece. Sure, it is possible a keris of this level could be sold by an uninterested heir to a dealer who had no idea what he was buying and tossed it around until it got this beat up. That does seem less likely though.
And yes, I was aware that there are true Djeno keris as well as work done mostly by his apprentices. This doesn’t mean Djeno himself was necessarily inconsistent in his greneng execution. But it can certainly explain why documented “Djeno” keris might appear that way.
David is offline   Reply With Quote