View Single Post
Old 18th June 2010, 12:01 AM   #22
Gavin Nugent

Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Play nice, people. There is no place for personal attacks in a civil academic debate. ::dusts off his thread-locking key::
I agree, play nice, leave some stuff behind the curtains , I'd hate to see such a passionate thread locked and further mysteries never revealed. Lets stick to the facts and let the evidence speak for itself and we can all draw our own conclusions, no one likes having info shoved down their throat

There is a lot of good info and debate here that no doubt will cause further research to be conducted and presented, this is a good thing , (only if the thread stays open)

However IMHO, with very few things in this world being absolute, especially where human interface is had. Can the initial statement title of this thread be proved beyond reasonable doubt, IMHO not, as there a lot of may, maybe and possibly words used above in response to images, but saying this, there still is a world of scope to be explored so lets keep this open and see what develops

My exacting knowledge only runs so deep but the green velvet sheathed example in the pic above looks to me to be a Nepalese presentation Kukri of as high standard and similar to the one I show sold here;
http://www.swordsantiqueweapons.com/s148_full.html
Not something that would have been worn in the field but something that was found in the field (the auction notion indicated private purchase surely?), again not conclusive without provenance but it offers other suggestions to the notion.

Gav

Last edited by freebooter; 18th June 2010 at 12:17 AM.
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote