View Single Post
Old 8th November 2019, 03:14 PM   #26
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

INGELRII

I LOOKED UP ING.

Please See ~ http://runesecrets.com/rune-meanings/inguz

My understanding of what was clearly a very powerful rune like inscription on Frankish / Viking and related Icelandic and other European linked sword blades is more or less set out in this excellent appraisal of what the word means. It is naturally drenched in Myth and Legend and seems to flow between the tribal moving plates of Viking influence in all its forms seemingly tied to linguistic influence in particular Norse, Old English, West Saxon and Frankish … to name a few.

The paragraph that struck me is from the reference above and set out

Quote''Thus, Inguz contains within its lore the true meaning of sacrifice. Such sacrifice occurs when one form is called upon to die so that a newly evolved form may begin to grow. This is one of the cornerstone concepts in what is known as the ‘male mysteries’. To die for something, such as a cause or an ideal such as freedom, a universal theme in warrior traditions, is thus connected to the energies of Inguz".Unquote

Thus an extremely powerful rune like inscription INGELRII often on one side of the blade balancing VLFBEHRT on the reverse...or a concoction of it\ them.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 8th November 2019 at 03:55 PM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote