View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:53 PM   #9
RDGAC

Red face

Cheers lads! I did get the feeling this was an oddball gun, but have never come across this whole business of remaking weapons from old bits outside the Khyber Pass.

Honestly, I'm quite interested just to find out more about the old bugger. It's not as if I paid anything for it; from my point of view, I've nothing to lose and everything to play for, as well as having had a valuable learning experience. Obviously we'd all like to have the unusual and interesting bits, or at least a good, workmanlike example of the genuine article, but it can't always be so. As it stands, this little gun is an interesting curiosity that'll be good to hang up or prop in the corner. One's inclined to speculate on how it'd do as a shotgun actually... hmm.

Of course, there is one small problem. While I was drying the stock out a little (by standing it up in the front room), someone managed to knock the gun over. As a result, the stock has now split almost in two. Given that it's an odd "backyard" sort of piece, I'm inclined to put it at the bottom of my repair/acquire list, but still. At some stage a lot of stock repair will be needed on this one. Of all the bloody luck, eh?
RDGAC is offline   Reply With Quote