View Single Post
Old 11th February 2013, 12:38 PM   #20
AJ1356

The sword handle with the letters and numbers inscribed, it seems to be a serial/registration number, the only word is the word for cannon, so it seems to be from an artillary unit, which is not surprise since it seems to be the hilt of an artillary sword. The selawa(khayber knife) with the inscreption on the other hand is quite strange. The writing is in a nice hand writing style, but what it contains is just confusing. From right to left, we have the number 6 what comes after can be read as the word for arrow (teer) then there is the number 5 followed by two words, the first is unintellegable the second could be read as the word for cannon (toup) I can't make anything out of the last word and at the end there is the number 4. I tried making sense of it in both Farsi and Pashto, but that is all I could come up with. On the first item in the post, even if we read the date as 1300 it would still be 91 years ago, which would be 1921-1922. So trying to say it is older than that would be trying to trick yourself into believing something that is not the truth. I hope i was helpfull.
AJ1356 is offline   Reply With Quote