Thread: Cambodian ???
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2013, 08:09 PM   #9
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Coleman
Hello Andrew, fabrication is not a problem. Could you by chance post a photo of what a common guard would look like with dimensions ? It would be of great help if you could. The main reason that I am not quite sure that the hilt has been cut down is the odd bent it seems to takes at the very end. Thank you again.

Hello Stu, we must have been posting at the same time. I do not want to change this to try to make it something more than it was originally. If this did not have a guard when it started out it does not need one added now. I just thought that it might have had one originally and wanted to replace it if it did. So now my question is, do you think that this originally had a guard?

Best,
Robert
Hi Robert, I think Andrew is best to answer this, as the item shown in the Catalogue is his, though it certainly looks as if it had a guard. It looks from the pics you have posted that there is a gap between the blade and hilt. I suspect that the blade is probably loose in the handle, and the guard has maybe dropped out, but you will know that when it arrives.
Stu
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote