View Single Post
Old 10th April 2007, 07:07 PM   #23
Emanuel

Hi David,
Thanks a lot the link, the whole site is very informative on the Kabyles, and the French is not a problem. I already acquired the treatise by Camille Lacoste-Desjardins "Sabres Kabyles". It is the most comprehensive and complete work on so subject that I could find. Quite extensive, and it is the principle source for the website you linked, and that of Pierre-Louis Cavaillé: http://blade.japet.com/flissa1.htm

I've been studying it for a while, and it could do with some updating. One area requiring further research revolves around an ancient stele depicting a warrior with a flyssa-like weapon in hand. I am currently looking through archaeological reports from diggs in Algeria, hoping to find some remains of pre-1800 Kabyle weapons. No luck yet, but there is a lot of info which leads me to continue questioning some of the assumptions presently held about the flyssa and the Kabyles.

If you're interested, I could provide you with a copy of it. It is in French though and you'd have to spend a lot of time with translator bots.

In the future I plan to invest a lot more time into this research and perhaps publish some modest work of my own stay tuned my friend

All the best,
Emanuel

Last edited by Manolo; 10th April 2007 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typo
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote