View Single Post
Old 8th July 2016, 07:30 PM   #22
satrionumpaknogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Hi Jean. Please forgive me for making this point and i do realize that English is not your first language, but i am not sure that the word "mitigate" was quite the word you were looking for here.

mit·i·gate
verb
make less severe, serious, or painful.
"he wanted to mitigate misery in the world"
synonyms: alleviate, reduce, diminish, lessen, weaken, lighten, attenuate, take the edge off, allay, ease, assuage, palliate, relieve, tone down
"the worst symptoms have been mitigated"
antonyms: aggravate
lessen the gravity of (an offense or mistake).
"he would have faced a prison sentence but for mitigating circumstances"
synonyms: extenuating, justificatory, justifying, vindicating, qualifying; face-saving; formalexculpatory
"if not for mitigating circumstances, he would have been convicted"

We are, of course, always welcoming of people from all cultures to join us in our conversations on keris. As Alan has pointed out however, being of the Indonesian culture does not necessarily give more weight to that person's opinions, beliefs or knowledge of keris culture just as a Frenchman is not necessarily more knowledgable of fine wines. Weak analogy perhaps, but hopefully it gets the point across.
Agreed I thing "mitigate" is strong word but not entirely wrong. Apologise for my lack of politeness but I just need to say it that many misunderstanding regarding Kris culture is happening here at westerner forum.

Also no offence thats why lots of low class kris circulated in ebay or other online portal. Just piece of advice, high quality Kris not being sell online and the "pricing" not written in numbers but through candra sengkala.

e.g Gegana Luhur Pandhita Weling which is 7500 USD hehehehe..oh n you will not get full set with Warangka, only the blade like literally the blade on it's ligan or naked form.

So you see its true not all frenchmen understand fine wine, but it is in frenchmen blood to love wine.

Same goes to kris..yes 70 percent Indonesian dont understand wht the hell is kris or they only understand the magic side of it from oral story. However it is in Indonesian blood to love Kris as so their ancestor. So when Indonesian learning n loving Kris no number of westerner professor can beat him.

Kris is about olah pangroso, about doing the piwulang n paweling in everyday live ..about understanding the wisdom and it's implementation

Its like Yoga but in the form of Iron, Pamor and steel.

Salam
satrionumpaknogo is offline   Reply With Quote