View Single Post
Old 11th September 2008, 06:28 AM   #21
FenrisWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando
The days i enjoyed firing modern weapons are gone; Military service and guerrila warfare was just about enough for me. I actually try to forget it now.
I guess that what motivates me to collect is a cocktail of abstract fantasy from youth ( the only then available American culture influence, westerns and so ), curiosity for mechanisms and the charm of antiquity.
No pleasure in shooting any more.
I take it that this Forum is for antique stuff, rather than active specimens; for the late i'm not to be counted in.
Fernando

If you've a fondness for the romanticized American West, you might take a look at the Single Action Shooting Society (http://www.blackjackmcginnis.com/sas...2008/index.htm), founded about twenty years ago by a bunch of rich old gun nuts who were bored with modern arms competitions. The competitions are done in period costume using single-action revolvers, lever action rifles and side-by-side shotguns. Your persona can be anyone real or imaginary from the Old West to Western cinema, so long as someone else hasn't registered it. The big meets might see Wyatt Earp competing against Tom Mix, while Dangerous Dan McGee is facing off against The Loan Arranger. Thery've gone international; I know there's chapters in Australia and Canada, who knows where else by now? BTW, my own handle is Lew Nassad, agent of the Sam Hane Occult Detective Agency.
FenrisWolf is offline   Reply With Quote