View Single Post
Old 26th April 2017, 03:03 PM   #20
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsujinken
remember the Singo Sineba I posted earlier ? some said it was antique, until Alan pinpoint where it goes wrong, and it passed many experts here as genuine antique and someone bought it for USD 1,000
Donny, your memory seems a little foggy there. I just read through that thread again and not a single person that commented from this forum thought they were looking at a legitimate keris. The question was only whether it was an altered older keris or a completely new creation that was artificially aged. And everyone pretty much said that the images you offered made that exact judgement difficult. What i believe Alan finally suggested was that the gonjo may have actually been old and that the wilah may have been built up new upon it. As for the poor sucker who paid $1000 for such an obviously suspicious blade, i cannot speak to their mistake.
Donny, i don't have to look at your history for any validation, i have followed your posts very closely since you first arrived here. I am one of the moderators so that's kind of my job. Frankly the large majority of the keris you post here turn out to be highly questionable examples, from your "river finds" to your bronze blade and a variety of unusually dhapurs and pamor patterns that almost invariably turn out to be contemporary even if they are not always presented as such.
Quite honestly, i would much prefer to discuss "boring" old authentic brojol or tilam upih keris on this forum than the fakes your new keris dealer friend seems so adept at "discovering" as he hunts through the remote villages of your land.

Last edited by David; 26th April 2017 at 05:03 PM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote