View Single Post
Old 26th April 2017, 11:33 AM   #17
satsujinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Donny, if you are sincere about advancing the knowledge of recognizing fakes vs. the real deal for the sake of new collectors perhaps that best thing you could do would be to post some of the tosan aji your friend has discovered that you believe are true keris along side what you think fake or uncertain. These comparisons would go a long way to illustrate the difference for the new collectors. If all you do is continue to post only the fakes you must understand why people will grow suspicious of your motives.
I take this as an insult ... (just kidding)
David, if you look at my post history, I post a lot of thing. Event of keris, a newly made keris, an odd keris, a good kamardikan keris, and so on. I love this forum and would like to keep it alive

I consider myself lucky, I lived in the land of keris. Perhaps that's why I tend to overlook the common keris ... brojol, tilam upih ... all can be found here in hundreds if not thousands

I also consider myself as an apprentice, as I may be wrong, I do have my opinion, and I try my best to present it but I always kept my doubt that I may be wrong

remember the Singo Sineba I posted earlier ? some said it was antique, until Alan pinpoint where it goes wrong, and it passed many experts here as genuine antique and someone bought it for USD 1,000

for now, I have the chance to know a friend, a keris dealer, so my posts will mostly about him and what I found to be interesting, intriguing as I did not think a post about brojol or tilam upih keris will be interesting for you all. Hey, it's me learning from your opinion here ...

I took your advice to the heart, David, and I will try to post comparison for the next post, but beware ... it may be boring

Donny
satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote