View Single Post
Old 25th April 2017, 09:50 AM   #9
satsujinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusgmioc
PS: This is from the same cheater like the previous one. The same manner of taking photos, the same "escavated" condition of the kerises and... the same leaves in the background.
thank you for the accusation, Marius. No hard feeling here

all pictures here are posted with the owner's permission and where can you learn about various keris blades here in Indonesia ?

in the seller's home. He's my friend and he also selling keris, but that's not what we're dealing here. And since my friend never told lies to me, he only told the stories from the person he got the keris from. He hunted tosan aji in villages, I believed it is not wise to call him a cheater. On what occasion did he cheat on you, Marius ?

Amidst of hundreds of tosan aji he's selling, I am only picking what I believed interesting so ALL OF US may learn from it. Where it gone wrong, how to prevent buying a fake keris, how to distinguish a fake one from real ones. Look, I never knew there was actually a Sepang keris in proto form ... someone must've been making them or perhaps this got some kind of basis in reality ? or perhaps I am missing something here ...

who knows if one of have different opinion than mine.

I got most of my answers here, Alan taught me a lot ... to look for clues, the sulphur residue, the trinkets usually found along with the keris. Basically I loved you all because you always true, and that's what I am looking for.

I may not be as experienced as you are, and I really appreciate if you could share your insight, instead of simple lines saying it was artificially aged

for comparison, I collect Japanese sword, and you know what, even those who dealt with nihonto daily can still make a mistake when it comes to shinsa. It is not uncommon to see NTHK anda NBTHK differs in opinion on the same blade.

I have handled perhaps thousands of tosan aji, and still I felt stupider by the day, the more I knew, the more I aware that there are much more I did not understand

so pardon me if my Journey of learning by posting here are offending. If all of you already an expert on this field (which I am clearly not), I will stop posting here.

thank you
Donny
satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote