View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2016, 09:21 AM   #12
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac2k
I think we can call this a haladie based on the fact that it has 2 opposite blades, however even though I have seen this weapon with a third blade, I have never seen one with 3 spikes and 2 blades.
It is hand forged and well made, but I am unsure how old this is or if it is a fantasy piece. I am seeing some interesting "old-new," items coming out of India recently, but I can not find anything like this.It measures 18" in length, the blades and spikes are sharp .
There is a weapons called "vajra mushti" which is a nuckleduster that has spikes/blades etc at the nuckle and blades/spikes etc at either end, Jim already posted one variety. The grip of your haladie looks similar but with asymmetrical haladie blades attached.

As for the age, that is hard to tell, it has a very primitive/rustic look, not like most replicas that you might see lately. While researching an unusual symmetrical bladed haladie that I had a chance to look at I was told by someone with a lot of knowledge of Indian weapons this quote that may as well apply to your haladie as well.

Quote:
Its not a weapon made that conforms to any I have seen before, nor does the style and construction method conform to known methods and styles. Therefore I would say it is either a village made item (amateur smith) or a modern reproduction.
Attached Images

estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote