Thread: New mandau
View Single Post
Old 20th August 2012, 12:18 PM   #4
T. Koch

Hi guys and thanks for your feedback!

Maurice, yes, this forum is packed with good threads on Bornean blades and I'm all over them already! Your site is also really nice, and I've had much pleasure from Roth's text - thank you for making that available! I would also LOVE to receive a copy of your article - even though its in Dutch. - I don't know if you've ever talked to a Dane while drunk, but I can assure you that Danish and Dutch are actually quite understandable if in writing or if both parties speak slow. - I have plenty of academic articles to trade with, let me know if you're looking for something in particular!

Vandoo, thank you for your input - I really appreciate it! I know what you mean and I think we have similar outlooks on life: I've been going to school for the last 24 years now and I feel as dumb as ever!

Regarding age, I'm really not an antique-nazi when it comes to my collection. I let my taste guide me and as long as a piece is made for actual use and for one of a thousand possible reasons tickels that soft spot in my belly, I don't really care how old it is. This little guy is a charmer!

I'll for sure get some better pictures taken of the ricasso area and the brass windings. Would be great if the origin could be narrowed down to an area or culture.

Thanks again and all the best, - Thor
T. Koch is offline   Reply With Quote