View Single Post
Old 10th May 2005, 11:30 PM   #7
Spunjer

herein lies the proverbial catch-22. no one knows these types of weapon up until recently. the more enlightened ones among us tries to shed some light as to the what, who, when, where of these weapons and by doing that it really helps the rest of us newbies who are still learning as we go along. but everytime a "new" weapon is introduced, the collector in us wants to get a specimen of that certain type, now that we know what it is.

when i first got on this message board, it was because i would like to know more about what i have in my collection; i'm sure there are members here that started the same way. after a while as one's knowledge grew, it becomes more of an obsession, the 'i need one of those on my collection' syndrome.

so the question is, do we discuss these "unknown" swords and by doing so we learn about it, respect it, and have more appreciation of it, or do we just keep it to ourselves, therefore not drive up the price to new high level? a good example to this are the visayan weapons. actually, if you look at the pattern on ebay, it's mostly us, as in members of this forum, whose driving the price of these swords. catch-22, indeed...
Spunjer is offline   Reply With Quote