View Single Post
Old 14th February 2018, 12:25 PM   #25
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Merci Geoffroy, for the complementary info, the catalogue pages ... and the picture of that magnificent capital. If you were to make a joke about tools serving as weapons, or vice versa, you would say that those two guys are about to trim eachothers beards .
Now, coupe-foin sounds more like it in my idiom; it would translate as corta-feno, although i find no tool with such name over here. Amazing that although my example looks fully American, the first time i see one with the center handle towards the right, like mine, is French nš 364 in F. BRET catalogue.
Gathering things like this hay knife is result of giving full attention to unusual old tools in flea markets, in order not to let go specimens that have eventually served as weapons, under this or that circumstance. I too had an interesting coupe-marc discussed HERE, which i ended up passing it over to a friend who also likes to gather interesting tools, even knowing they are not weapons. Perhaps the tool i currently have more close to being a weapon is THIS ONE
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote