View Single Post
Old 19th June 2014, 05:43 PM   #8
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

I am as keen as anyone here on the pursuit of knowledge and the study on antique weaponry and of course very much resent the progressive attitude toward them in academic, institutional and governmental circumstances. However while agreeing fully with openness in discussion concerning them here, I think it is important to avoid activism oriented commentary and impassioned rallying in these discussions.

While we all must be aware of matters which involve policies and legal changes which directly effect the course of collecting and shipment of arms etc. as well as policy issues with many institutions , it is entirely counter productive to promote or incite reaction or response. It is an objective matter collectively here....what we do in response is a private matter.

It is well understood that everyone here is fully capable of what approach and which channels are appropriate in order to effectively respond to these circumstances, and do not require provocative commentary or rallying.

While we are all aware as well in the unfortunate issues with which Michael has been faced, and all agree in that he is one of our forums extremely valuable assets and I am sure we all would gladly do whatever we can to help.

I would suggest and ask everyone here to please keep our attention to these matters on focus and constructive, and avoid impassioned exemplars such as tragic events and the like.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote