View Single Post
Old 16th October 2007, 02:51 AM   #8
ariel

Oh, Jens, do not be so-o serious!
As a matter of fact, young males are inherently violent: testosterone just fries their brains
When I was 15 y.o., all my friends went around carrying bicycle chains, knuckledusters and very sharp knives. Their actual use was low, but everybody felt good: real men are supposed to be armed.
There are quite a lot of studies showing that the level of societal violence is directly proportionate to the percentage of young men in the general population. From the point of view of modern penology, the main protective reason for long-term incarceration is keeping men isolated and under control until they hit ~50 years of age. From our ( weapon collectors) point of view, the major reason for wars is the excess of young males.
This is why Europe is becoming more and more pacifistic: the birth rates are low. The Middle East , on the other hand, is overflowing with unemployed young men in their teens to 30's.
This is also why all armies draft young men: dumb, violent and having illusions of immortality.
Taking a dao to the soccer game sounds stupid from our perspective but for a 20 y.o. punk it is the ultimate expression of masculinity. How many times have we read about ritual, phallic image of weapons? Banning guns will have no effect: they will just bash your brains out with a beer bottle.
And look at us: how many weapon-collecting women do we know? Five total?
I bet you, the gorgeous Polish policewoman in the picture is orders of magnitude less violent and less interested in weapons than a 50 y.o. liberal arts professor from the nearby University. She is a Tamer, not a Tiger.
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote