View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010, 03:20 PM   #23
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDGAC
I did try uploading to the forum, but unfortunately found that the forum's file server size limits are rather smaller than the images I'm uploading! Is there any way around that? I know ImageShack and the like are distinctly ephemeral storage means, but without uploading them here being possible I'm not sure where else to go.

Edit: Of course, I could do the intelligent thing, and crop the images so as to eliminate the honking great background area that's irrelevant to the weapon. I'll try that tomorrow and see what I get, as well as working on getting some better pics of that design.
Of course it is possible to upload them here, you just need to resize your images. If the software that you crop with doesn't allow you to resize then there are are internet sites that will do it for you. Rick is always recommending one whose url eludes me at the moment. Perhaps he will chime in.
FYI, i usually resize to about 7x10 at 72dpi. This is well within the means of our server to handle. There is really no need for you dpi to be anything higher since most computer screens are only capable of this resolution.
David is offline   Reply With Quote