View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 06:47 PM   #267
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

in addition to the proof above I wish to add a couple of other indicators under the headings for 1 below The Rhino Hide and for 2 below The Terrs Shield thus giving 6 factors linking the Omani Khanjar and Rhino~

1. Regarding the expanse of usually black leather below the belt on Dhakiliyyah(interior) Omani Khanjars a device not usually seen on Yemeni Jambia which I suggest is a reflection of Rhino hide. Actually all Omani Khanjars (and Emirati) have leather below the belt on the scabbard although on non Dhakiliyyah (and Emirati) weapons the leather covering the scabbard is almost always totally covered in silver stitched decoration. I believe the use of leather in construction is a recognition pointing to the great beast for its strength and power.

2. Staying with the general theme of leather but this time observing the strange pointed hat shaped silver covers usually seen on the two outer belt rings on the Scabbard. See the diagram at thread The Omani Khanjar of the parts/Omani names and see the name given to these tiny shapes...Terrs!! ...in recognition of the Rhino again ...of its thick skin shield The Terrs ..worn with the dagger and Omani Swords.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 9th January 2019 at 07:05 PM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote