Thread: bugis keris
View Single Post
Old 12th March 2018, 08:02 PM   #16
La Pagaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Hi LP. Yes, i believe that many, if not most of us are aware of pamor Luwu and it's source from Sulawesi. It was a highly valued source of iron for a good period of time and does indeed seem to have been used in the forging of old Javanese keris. However, this is a material, not a forged and finished keris. Iron from Luwu was well known to have a relatively high nickel content but my understanding was that it was entirely terrestrial. Can you point to any references that maintain such ore also contained "lots of meteorite"?
I'm afraid i do not see a particularly old keris in your second example, but perhaps we need to see more images. Can you show us an image that shows this entire blade?
Dear david

that is bugis david, here still sometimes we get heirlooms from the direct owners that they can from the heritage of their ancestors, they sometimes do not like if part of the shell fall out or dull so jadang they sharpen and sharpen it, though the blade is very well maintained because here we have own way different from jawa in taking care of kris, using warangan, we here only use lime to care for our heirloom and just perfume from incense smoke,

Best regrads
LP
La Pagaru is offline   Reply With Quote