View Single Post
Old 1st June 2019, 07:34 AM   #37
ashkenaz

To Ian, Kai, Kino, Sajen and Rick.

Would you like to know where the claim that Visayan blades are brittle, breakable as glass, poorly made? Why ShazamsLaw made a thread like this, and why I made this thread It's why I made this thread. http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23453

Here? Because the one who is spreading bad news and reputations about Visayan and Luzon blades being poorly made, breakable as glass is actually MaharlikaTimawa who has less than 34 posts. He is the source of all this "Visayan blades are bad" narrative and he posts the same opinion to many Filipinos on social media, youtube, other forums, etc.

He's the reason why ShazamsLaw and myself was attracted to this forum, investigating this matter because we were told he was getting his information here because he's a member. And the convergence of me and ShazamsLaw aim to investigate is by no means a coincidence because Maharlika led us here.

Sorry for this, but five of you were wondering the source of this same "Visayan blades are bad" narrative, and I can no longer keep up this 2 years of silence. I apologize.

-

MaharlikaTimawa's reliance on his single source, William Henry Scott, had caused confusion among myself and many others. I only discovered that Moro Blades were made from Chinese imported steel. We should go by actual finds of the oldest traditionally made Visayan blades to confirm instead of unverified "opinion" pieces.

Regards

Last edited by ashkenaz; 1st June 2019 at 09:44 AM.
ashkenaz is offline   Reply With Quote