View Single Post
Old 21st June 2015, 09:16 PM   #7
rickystl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnjar1
Hi Rick,

Here are pics of two other Afghani flasks which have featured previously on the Forum. They have different powder cut offs to mine.

Also here is a pic of the repaired spout on mine......can't muck around with repairs!! The torn leather at the back is rock hard so have (for now) left it as is, in case it breaks off. Will attempt to soften it later on.

Stu
Hi Stu.
Yes, mine has the cut-off near the spout section like the two pictured above. But the slide on mine is wood, partly broke on one end. May have to repair that.
Nice job on the repair of yours!! Looks much better now. That torn piece of leather on the back: I had a similar situation a number of years ago with a hard piece of leather. I remember using a leather restore paste that was widely used by car buffs in the car enthusiust community. It was made in the UK and not available in the local auto parts stores. It was too expensive I think (?). But it was really good stuff. Rubbed it in with my fingers on both sides of the leather. Did this every day for about 3 weeks. And the leather finally started turning flexable again. And it didn't dis-color!
Rick.
Attached Images

rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote