View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2018, 03:28 PM   #10
David
Keris forum moderator

My humblest apologies Ariel. You are indeed correct that the word "analyical" does appear once in this article. The reason i passed it over may seem odd, but it is actually because that particular passage is enlarged, highlighted and in quotations as if it was pulled from some other part of the article. You might think that would make it more obvious, however i made the wrongheaded assumption that this was an extracted passage from the main article and passed it by assuming it was also included within the article and that i would encounter and read it in context. So there is my "block". My bad. Thank you for pointing it out to me.
That said, i still do not see how this article is posing any of this in a good vs. bad modality. It seems as artifact of your own Western way of thinking that you feel that "analytical" modes of thinking are somehow superior to any other method of approaching a problem. Nor does it say anywhere that Asians are incapable of analytical thinking.
You are also still conflating these concepts of race and culture. What is being discussed here is not how people with a particular skin color or facial features process information. It is the cultures in which we are raised that are being discussed, not the actual ethnicity of the people within those cultures. In indonesia, for instance, you might find people who are ethnic Chinese who were raised within a Javanese cultural mindset. They may not be culturally Chinese at all. This is now the third time i have brought up this point so you will probably ignore it again, but if you take a moment to think about it you may realize that this is not a question of racism at all.
So bottom line here gentlemen... i do not intend to have a discussion here on racism. That is not the issue at hand and i will shut this discussion down if there is an insistence to continue along that tract. It seems completely ignorant to believe that different cultures do not process information and other stimulus in different ways and foolish to think one can understand the ways of foreign cultures without immersing oneself fully in the history, mannerisms and ways of those cultures and acknowledging those differences.
David is offline   Reply With Quote