View Single Post
Old 16th March 2005, 09:57 AM   #26
Antonio Cejunior

Default Thank you gentlemen

Thank you Bill

Hello Jim

Your more than kind words of welcome. Indeed I have the privilege and pleasure to know some of the gentlemen and Dr. Ann Feuerbach from other places but the privilege is all mine.

What is impressive in this Forum is the quality of the posts as it seems that when one moves to a more specific area, we find genuine interest rather than sometimes bored participation, which is not so constructive at all.

Thank you for your contribution. It is so diverse and also it has a thread between all those that posted their reasons to be attracted to swords that it is indeed something that is worth all the applause.

In fact, the acknowledgement of childhood or adolescence fantasies (in the good sense) is a very great statement, for I refuse to be old, in the sense that I refuse to let the child in me be supressed. It will always manifest itself at will for that gives me a sense of freedom.

I have noticed the word exotic without any bad intention. It is in fact the right word that still lacks a substitute in our globalized world.

I do believe that we can still nurture hope. I have visited some museums in the US last year and they displayed swords and armours. It is however in the area of anthropological and enthnographical studies that more could be done.

I am sure that soon there will be some very interesting contributions.

I agree with the terrible stigma of calling any people or ethno-nation as savages when generally the advance of so called civilization has led to the increased detachment of the self called civilized man from Nature.

Hence that I place great importance in the study of ancient history of religions as well as of shamanistic practices.

I do think we live in a ghetto, but I believe that, done in the correct way, the ghetto will get increasingly populated until it reverses.

Wars are unfortunately almost inherent to mankind... we fail to achieve the simplest thing in the world: to live in Peace.

I do look forward to learning from everyone.

Very best regards,
Antonio
Antonio Cejunior is offline   Reply With Quote