View Single Post
Old 16th March 2005, 09:33 AM   #25
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABAGANI

B.
I'd say there is combination of negativeness, lack of interest and fear again among the average non initiated citizen unless you can show some sort of educational benefit.

C. Therefore, do you think
that swords are placed in a socio-cultural ghetto?

In my experience, learning the art of the sword brings one to a higher level, intellectually and creatively speaking...like the kris/naga form which deals subconsciously with the realms of wisdom, but then again I'm an oddball...lol
Thanks Mabagani,

Fear is one great weapon for ignorance. But then fear is part of the arsenal of the political correctedness of the world.

I do think that in my case, and thank you for sharing yours, I feel that it is most fortunate for me to live in Macau and in touch with the local Chinese community which is entirely different from Mainland China and from Hong Kong. Tolerance is so big that I have witnessed an American Hare-Krishna sect member walk in his safron robe and his almost entirely shaven head without anyone even staring.

Therefore, I have this benefit of not having to face a frown, but rather a curiosity for my interest in swords.

As you were referring to the naga, I was relating myself of the snake and the forbidden tree of Knowledge and what lies behind the real meaning of the old story.

Salamat poo, kaibigan
Antonio Cejunior is offline   Reply With Quote