View Single Post
Old 15th March 2005, 04:20 PM   #6
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montino Bourbon
Perhaps you know that Africa is not the only place where blacksmiths are considered 'magical'; I have heard that in Europe, the blacksmith was the only person who, to swear an oath, was not compelled to do it on a bible; he could swear on his anvil. Even though the blacksmith had a touch of the 'diabolical' to be able to work iron, nobody accused him of witchcraft; no blacksmith, no tools, and no weapons! so the religious authorities turned a blind eye to blacksmiths, so it is said.
Montino,
Wow, it's past midnight here and this Forum is really creative.
Thank you for your input.
Although I pursued Aikido for 30 years I tried to relate to it more in a spiritual way. You know, the mind, the clarscient body, the unification of body and mind.
But I do keep disobeying as disobedience is the first input to creativity.
I do not think that African smiths hold the exclusivity to it. The Chinese have their own story and in fact it is interesting to find the five elements of Chinese cosmogony in the making of a blade:
fire
air
water
metal
wood
It is also interesting to read the article Clarity and Virtue by Carlos Morais José about the sacrifice of Mo Ie's wife and the feminine and masculine metals.
It is available here http://www.arscives.com/gallery/en/f...ge/default.htm
Best regards
Antonio Cejunior is offline   Reply With Quote