View Single Post
Old 18th January 2019, 07:57 AM   #295
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddison
Good Morning All, I have come across this discussion while searching for / trying to find any swords made at Shotley Bridge. I recently bought the site of the former mill and I am in the process of rebuilding the mill on the back of the Mill Race Cottage and a small cottage on the bridge. I would love a sword and some history for the walls of the cottage. I can see lots of recommendations for book which I will purchase. I am totally new to swords what is the likely hood I will find one I could buy? @Urbanspace if you wish to come down to the site please do let me know and I can arrange a visit.

Hello Mr Maddison and greetings … I believe your ancestor was the famous gentleman who was unfortunately caught having ridden his horse as far as about Edmundbyers but was caught by troopers in pursuit... His rather tragic story is very much part of traditional memory in Shotley Bridge thus you are very much part of the amazing story of there. It is interesting that you are building a house in the shadow of the Derwent not a stones throw from the Sword Makers in Wood Street. I hope you are well and just now I will speak to Keith who has been looking at German swordmakers in Solingen etc and apologies for not getting on line here sooner as I have been away.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote