ganjawulung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raden Usman Djogja
Gonjo,

here, I post "urubing dilah"

I request your comments

Usmen
Yes, Raden...

Your pusakas, both are old. Noting the style, (although not knowing the iron or the blade), your "urubing dilah" or "urubing damar" (the flame?) supposed to be Majapahit's style -- thinner than Mataram style.

The keris' sheath, certainly is a type or an "iras" (one piece of wood). I suppose, tayuman wood (a kind of bush wood, I will search the name in Latin, later). The ukiran or handle (hilt -- according to David) is maybe "yudowinatan style" (Mas Boedi may correct me if I'm wrong), from "kemuning werut" wood (I will search the Latin word later).

Your tombak, (I suppose) also from Majapahit era. (probable the dhapur is "sigar jantung" or "a piece of heart" -- not correct English word maybe). The tombak sheath is maybe from cendana wood or sandal-wood. The "methuk" of tombak (I don't know the English word), ornamented with "kinatah sultan agungan" (special ornament from Sultan Agung era, 16th century).

From the form of your pusakas, I guess they were (your family's) heritage.. Please, forgive me Raden, if I'm wrong...
ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote