View Single Post
Old 19th April 2005, 06:29 AM   #11
spiral

Hi Tom, Much as I like the BL quote that I use, I must admit he is quite a charachter who makes some intresting statements on occasion.

I do aspire to follow parts of his above quote though, both with kukri & in other walks of my life.

Thank you Conogre, very well said in my opinion!

As for the dog, yep I am glad it wasnt a Tibetan mastif & i did eat so much Black pig pork in Nepal ,I am sure I smelt like a rotten black pig!

It certainly wasnt the type of village tourists or treckers would normaly go to either.

To Follow the BL qoute,& Conogres accurate conlclusian of the western need to pigeon hole & JPs statement about different Nepalis saying different things & having re read my post,

I should add, for the sake of accuracy & clarification that the term Lamebendh Sirupate {long handle sirupate.} was also intialy used by our sources, not just Sirupate, before we got into the differention of the different grip lengths .

So that actualy the usual term according to our sources for the "Hanshee is "Lamebendh Sirupate " {sorry for lack of previous clarity, ill blame the Jet lag }

I am also confident that other terminology may be used that we havent yet heard. There are many minor local languages,amongst the tribes & castes in Nepal after all.

But we used the main Gurkali or Nepali language, which after all is the main language of Nepal & the offcial one.

Spiral

Last edited by spiral; 19th April 2005 at 11:58 AM.
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote