View Single Post
Old 16th August 2016, 11:25 PM   #13
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubur
Hi Ibrahiim,
This is not cloisonne. Most of your examples are inlay technic. The cloisonne is done with glaze/ ennamel. Not engraved or inserted but added.
The two first swords and your last sword are from Morocco by the way. Look on the forum we have few examples of nice cloisonne.
Best,
Hello Kubur,...Good point however; What I said was I couldn't at this time access library for tech issues ...but I can recall seeing full cloisonne on there...I explained that red floor wax was used on the Flyssa...and placed some other Quran Boxes as further examples. I also outlined that I thought the provenance was slightly incorrect and that the cloisonne which is shown on the Nimcha with gold embellishment was in fact Algerian.

See also http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4782 which may also be Algerian...

Your point is interesting since after hours of searching I cannot separate the two... that may well be because they are inseparable in that Berber Moroccan and Berber Algerian may have the same sword; The Clossonne hilt Nimcha.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 17th August 2016 at 12:02 AM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote