View Single Post
Old 29th March 2015, 02:53 PM   #15
Spunjer

Quote:
Side note...I've been contemplating the Baltimore show, but I just can't justify shelling out for the plane fare from the West Coast, accommodations, rental car, while that money could be spent towards something that's on the auction block online. On the other hand the camaraderie with fellow members would be priceless. if you or anyone got photos of the show, post them..
it's one a year event, Al. definitely worth it. attaching pictures (sorry, kinda biased. i wished i have taken more pics, but wasn't sure how the committee people would think about it)

good point on some luzon with diamond cross section, jose! i will definitely post once i get it back.
barry, i'm with you that this type is an enigma. we do know this particular style is from luzon, but specifically what part, we don't know.
it has been postulated that the decoration on the handle of these blades corresponds with the rank of the owner in the first republic army.
thanks carlos! i was wondering if you can post yours as well? i can't seem to find it in the archives.
Attached Images

Spunjer is offline   Reply With Quote