View Single Post
Old 16th December 2014, 05:47 AM   #15
David
Keris forum moderator

OK gentlemen, that's enough...
Let's keep this discussion on the keris and keep it civil.
Frankly Semar, i also think your keris is Kemardikan.True, that is an opinion based on photographs while you have the keris in hand. But i believe i see some definite clues in the erosion of this blade that this keris has been artificially aged.
I must admit that, like Alan, i also question the practice of throwing a keris up on the boards that you believe you already know about without any indication of what you think you know just it to draw out the opinions of others....only to disagree with those opinions because they don't jive with what you think you already know. You would be better off saying all you think you know about the keris up front. It would appear more honest, more transparent. But i have noticed this is a general posting pattern for you. "Keris for Comment" or "Keris for Sharing" is a common thread title for you and rarely do you say any more about your posted item. I believe that Alan was perhaps rash to refer to you as a "troll". I certainly do not believe this is so. But frankly, your posts often appear to me more as advertisements than trolling. I do hope this isn't the case. I can tolerate a troll more than i can a merchant in the our little temple...
BTW, Alan's practice of not showing his personal keris on the forum is not that unusual, especially amongst the indigenous culture. I mostly adhere to the same principle (though i recently did post one of my new keris simply for complete lack of knowledge of the form). I will show a sheathed keris (always meant for public presentation as an object of dress), but usually choose not to show my blades. They are my children after all. Alan has been quite capable of imparting countless bits of valuable information about the keris and keris culture without having to violate his principle of not posting his keris in public places.
David is offline   Reply With Quote