View Single Post
Old 27th January 2013, 03:19 PM   #14
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marc S.
Salaams Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Indeed, it is interesting to note that the particular design of this coat-of-arms of Strasburg (which evolved overtime) matches perfectly the dating of sword manufacture, ca. 1670.

Salaams Jean-Marc S. Great ! In fact Brilliant !!

You are probably aware of the detailed thread on blade marks at http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5453but there is, as yet no dedicated thread on Heraldic Symbols

~ This is a superb secondary and sometimes primary method of ID on dating and in my view is a vital addition to Forum Library. Using this thread as the lead perhaps you could gradually add to this and build up a system for members to trace such information...Other members I'm certain would dive in to assist and it could be quite excellent..I even have a small book on Heraldic Symbols !! I am particularly interested in the details of " The Men of The Pen and Men Of The Sword" heraldic insignias of the Mamluke Empire etc and generally fascinated by the vast European story on Heraldry.

Apologies to Forum for not floating this idea to Moderators, therefor, hopefully this post can act as a request? In addition I shall place a small note on the blademarks thread ...

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote