View Single Post
Old 18th February 2010, 10:16 PM   #6
laEspadaAncha

Hi Battara, and thank you for the information... I hope you will stick around for a few while I upload the close-up photos of the ganja (sp?) of both kris' shortly.

First, I have included a couple photos of the knife I am unable to identify. There are English / Latin alphabet characters on the obverse, in two lines - while I cannot make out the top line, the bottom line simply reads, "IS." The blade measures 10 1/4 inches in length, and is 2 1/4 inches wide at the hilt. The spine measures 5/16 of an inch at the hilt and evenly tapers to the tip. (Overcleaned) Brass ferule with seven facets, and a large horn grip. Steel (or iron?) pommel cap is also seven-sided; tang button is integral to the pommel cap and is also faceted with seven sides. The tang is peened over the button. Measures slightly under 17 inches overall.

I'm about to upload the close-up photos of the kris'... One thing I have noticed in taking these most recent photos is how ridiculously overcleaned the furniture is - presumably by the previous owner, as his daughter hadn't bothered to remove the superficial surface rust that had begun to accumulate on most of them...

Next post forthcoming!
laEspadaAncha is offline   Reply With Quote