View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2005, 04:57 AM   #1
kai

Arrow antique * Badik Lombok * looking for a new home

Thanks for having a look!

This is a nice Indonesian dagger with a really old pamor blade - apparently dating to the 17th century (according to more knowledgeable sources than me). It originates from Lombok, the island East of Bali. The historically close ties with Bali are reflected in the whopping Ukiran Cecekahan handle made from dense, fine-grained hardwood. An old, patinated bronze coin serves as hilt ring (there are Chinese ideographs on one side and possibly Sanskrit(?) writing on the other). The nicely etched blade exhibits Pamor mlumah of the Jaka Sura type. The sheath displays floral carving at the throat area; the wood has some patina and a few unevitable nicks and repairs (especially at the tip: see pics). Given the age of the blade, its current fittings are just the last in a long row of dresses since this blade has obviously been cared for - there is no pitting, just good and even etching. If you really appreciate old Pamor blades, you'll surely like this one! Please send me a mail if you have any questions.

The mere stats:
39.7 cm (15.6") total length
37.4 cm (14.7") without sheath
27.1 cm (10.7") sheath
25.0 cm (9.84") blade + 4.6 cm (1.81") Peksi
12.7 cm (5.0") Ukiran
2.4 cm (0.95") coin diameter
[I measured as accurately as possible but allow for minimal deviations.]

I'm asking US$ 125.- for this antique Badik Lombok. Please let me know where you're from and we'll keep shipping expenses as reasonable as possible.

Regards,
Kai
Attached Images

kai is offline   Reply With Quote