View Single Post
Old 17th September 2012, 05:08 AM   #11
satsujinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando
So says Donny in his first post .
Maybe officer's swords of the period had both Emperor's initials and motto .
... or officers of the ship's garrison ?
Something not 'so hard' to confirm !
Hi Fernando

in the book I mentioned above, there are many swords, which is more elaborate than mine and all bearing the same emblem of double headed eagle and FJI monogram.

At first I believe that this sword is navy formal dress sword - based on the ship with the same name (VIRIBUS UNITIS) but the book said otherwise, and only stated that this is formal dress sword for higher officials, with no specific mention to navy or army.

the only problem is the Empire is no longer exist and relics are scattered worldwide, so information is very limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McDougall
I just wanted to note how delightful it is to see a weapon posted by someone along with details of thier own research and observations!!!!
Absolutely brilliant ! Well done Donny, thank you so much!
This prompted good return and informative exchange on the item by others. Good stuff guys.
thank you, Jim
I try my best to understand my collection and gather information for educational purposes, even though the resources here is limited - in light that this piece of history may not be forgotten and perhaps can be studied properly

and I am still wondering how on earth this piece of history from empire no longer exist stranded here in Indonesia, so far away from Austria
satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote