View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2020, 04:24 PM   #15
rickystl

Hi Fourfirs

While I don't own an Omani matchlock, I have viewed/handled several. However, I do own a couple of Indian Torador muskets (one a restored shooter, the other a broken "parts" gun). To me, the design of the trigger/serpentine assembly for both guns are VERY similar. (not surprising considering both Indian and Omani matchlock history). And operate the same way.

Here is a pic of a trigger assembly (less serpentine) for an Indian Torador musket. There is very little spring tension since all you're doing is lowering the serpentine to the pan back and fourth with hand action (similar to the drawing Stu posted above). The only difference I can see with these trigger/serpentine assemblies would be the difference in length from the trigger to the serpentine itself depending on who originally built the gun. But this would be fairly easy to make (or alter an original) once you know what it is supposed to look like.
I'll check the other broken Torador and see if it has it's complete assembly and let you know. (I received your PM). In fact, I was just thinking, a new spring could probably be made using one of the springy type blades from a garden rake. LOL

Rick
Attached Images

rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote