View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2005, 03:49 AM   #12
purwacarita

Default Symbolizing

Newbees got themselves cheated in fact by those who they respect as trustworthy. As because trustworthy people knew how much money they could make by fooling one's belief who does not possess adequate comprehension of their culture, and then left their victims financially hurt, degraded faith and got pessimistic towards their own traditions. Very harmful to culture, no?

Yes necesh, you are possibly right when keris is looked from money value perspective, and probably not. Moeny value perspective is not all about keris. What I meant when I first start this thread is to gather culturic perspectives from different cultures, and the "buy the keris, not the story" thing sounds more realistic than culturic.

And as a cultured person, it is my duty oh, my pleasure to contribute and shed light to those newbees, not because I have excessive knowledge so I can spare some little.

Well, cultured Indonesia keris devotees, ...your tips, please?!

Culture could not be built based on deception of money making machine. Second tip.

Keris is a symbol of something. Ask question to yourself,"What in you will be symbolized by your dreamy keris?"

In doing so, you will not mistakenly acquire keris to symbolize unnecessary things of yours like,
- your wealth, because your money already show its perfectly.
- your health, because your diet already show it perfectly also.
- your status, because your tax is the best symbol of it.
- your greed or arrogance, because your attitude reflects that better.
- your power, over what?
- your lust, ...be rational, it does not have to be symbolized.
- etc.
purwacarita is offline   Reply With Quote