Thread: Jambiya
View Single Post
Old 11th April 2018, 11:46 PM   #11
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre
Thank you so very much guys for your nice words. I really appreciate it.
I was thinking to show some more pictures of this khanjar. Unfortunately, I think the sellers pictures are better than mine....
I can say that it is a big difference to collect these kind of blades than to collect old Winchester & Marlin lever guns and Colt SAA revolvers.
For me, I think it is hard to see if the blade come from Turkey, Iraq or Syria.... Hopefully I will learn because I think it is really interesting with the Islamic blades.
Her comes some pictures:
Hi Stefan,
I note your comment that you hopefully will learn about these and other Islamic weapons. This Forum and books are the best way to learn about our particular sphere of collecting, and as time passes, we learn more and more. Remember that we are ALL still learning, and even the "experts" are not always right. In no way am I criticising what is written, but comments posted here can often only be opinions at best, as the field of Islamic weapons is not like (as you mention) collecting known brands of firearms etc. There is usually no written clue as to makers, or of the exact locations of them.
Don't be afraid to ask questions of other Members either by PM or on open Forum. That's how knowledge is shared.
Good luck.
Regards Stuart
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote