View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2023, 12:37 AM   #1
JoeCanada42

Default 19c Athame Kris Flamberge German Damascus Hammesfahr Melusine Hermes Mercurius

Hi thanks for viewing and posting a comment
If you like athames please see the even older and more interesting one I posted recently.

I got this from a seller in Colorado, he told me he is using the funds to build a tiny house in the desert, lol.
In his words "Thus things a Dorje and it tingles"
Maybe he was using it as a dowsing rod
he mailed it to me as kris art sensor
when I hold it I do got to shake in disbelief, it is that cool
the sellers blurry photos didn't do it justice
it is very hefty very solid and just amazing
has an edge but not sharp

The whole ordeal of the purchase was interesting and full of dejavue, it was originally a eBay global shipping method... took a few days to get the shipping made appropriate, I even got contacted after because the seller received one of those scam customs emails..

I just made a purchase today for an accompanying " Boline" a pair of scissors by the same maker with ouroboros handles. in likewise great condition!

This piece is before art nouveau, later examples I geus you can call that, I have seen later examples where Melusine has been occulted or replaced with floral figures in her shape...
I think it cool to think, the "art" (magic is art is magic) has Nouveau Tools, as Gerald Gardner has mentioned clever witches replaced old tools with scissors.. etc...
So many amazing things to say about the symbolism of Hermes and Melusine I wouldn't know how to start
Attached Images