View Single Post
Old 9th November 2011, 06:36 PM   #13
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
Very nice shamshir, Dom. I have info for you on Facebook regarding crossguards :-)

I have had a lifelong dream concerning antique arms too, but not as much in owning or collecting them though I once did. My dream has remained to study, learn and share as much on the history and development of these fascinating and ever important icons of virtually all cultures as I possibly can. I dreamed of having a huge comprehensive library which would be a resource center for the study of arms worldwide, where scholars and collectors alike would study and preserve this valuable and altogether too often overlooked history.
These forums have been the dream come true for me, and it has been a fantastic odyssey of well over a decade which continues to unfold each day and every new 'adventure'. The weapons you guys find and share here are my vicarious joy, and studying them so that we can learn is wonderful.

How many times have I heard the line, 'if only they could speak', remarked looking wistfully at old weapons........they do!!!! If we just learn to understand what thier clues tell us

I must ask, why is this stuff on Facebook ??? We need it here!!!!!!
Our archives are ever growing, and provide daily help to collectors and students worldwide.....evidenced by the volume of views (often many hundreds of views compared to the number of posts..some of our classic threads in the thousands). I learn here every single day and hope the dream goes on always!!!!

All the very best,
Jim
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote